Some of the most inspirational Babe Ruth quotes about baseball and life could inspire you to succeed.
Over 70 years since the passing of “The Bambino,” his legacy still stands gallantly in the world of baseball, alongside his many accomplishments.
An astute baseball player, Babe Ruth, who played in the Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Boston Red Sox as a pitcher and the New York Yankees, is regarded as the best candidate for the title of Greatest baseball player of all time.
In his career, which spanned over two decades, Babe Ruth claimed 7 World Series titles, emerged the American League home run leader on 12 occasions, plus other numerous achievements.
Thill this day, several of his accomplishments and records still remain unbroken, a testament to how much he was talented and skilled.
A true definition of a winner and successful athlete, few individuals, can boast of winning as much as they could.
As a result, his advice on success is still considered very practical years after his passing.
Here are the notable of the quotes from “The Sultan of Swat”, which can inspire you to succeed.
Related: Top 15 Best Baseball Players Of All Time In MLB
36 Famous Babe Ruth Quotes
1. “I had only one superstition. I made sure to touch all the bases when I hit a home run.”
2. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
3. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
4. “Don’t ever forget two things I’m going to tell you. One, don’t believe everything that’s written about you. Two, don’t pick up too many checks.”
5. “Who is richer? The man who is seen, but cannot see? Or the man who is not being seen, but can see?”
6. “If it wasn’t for baseball, I’d be in either the penitentiary or the cemetery.”
7. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.”
8. “All ballplayers should quit when it starts to feel as if all the baselines run uphill”
9. “Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.”
10. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.”
You May Like: World Series History, Facts & Trivia
#11 of Babe Ruth Quotes
12. “Baseball changes through the years. It gets milder.”
13. “I swing big, with everything I’ve got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can.”
14. “Don’t be afraid to take advice. There’s always something new to learn.”
15. “Love the game of baseball and baseball will love you.”
16. “Don’t let the fear of striking out hold you back.”
17. “Baseball is the greatest game in the world and deserves the best you can give it.”
18. “As soon as I got out there, I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher’s mound. It was as if I’d been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.”
19. “Life is a game like any other; we just don’t take it as seriously.”
20. “After all, there’s only one answer to be made to the young fellow who is asking constantly for advice as to how to hit. The answer is: “Pick out a good one and sock it!”
#21 of Babe Ruth Quotes
22. “Wealth is always attracted, never pursued.”
23. “I hear the cheers when they roared and the jeers when they echoed.”
24. “What I am, what I have, what I am going to leave behind me – all this I owe to the game of baseball.”
25. “I’d give a year of my life if I could hit a homerun on opening day of this great new park.”
26. “I learned early to drink beer, wine and whiskey. And I think I was about 5 when I first chewed tobacco.”
27. “Gee, its lonesome in the outfield. It’s hard to keep awake with nothing to do.”
28. ”A part of control is learning to correct your own weaknesses. The person doesn’t live who was born with everything. Sometimes he has one weak point; generally, he has several. The first thing is to know your faults. And then take on a systematic plan of correcting them. You know the old saying about a chain only being as strong as its weakest link. The same can be said in the chain of skills a man forges.”
29. “I’ve heard people say that the trouble with the world is that we haven’t enough great leaders. I think we haven’t enough great followers. I have stood side by side with great thinkers – surgeons, engineers, economists; people who deserve a great following – and have heard the crowd cheer me instead.”
#30 of Ruth’s Quotes
31. “Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.”
32. “All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it. I get back to the dugout, and they ask me what it was I hit, and I tell them I don’t know except it looked good.”
33. “I’ve never heard a crowd boo a homer, but I’ve heard plenty of boos after a strikeout.”
34. “I won’t be happy until we have every boy in America between the ages of six and sixteen wearing a glove and swinging a bat.”
35. “You know this baseball game of ours comes up from the youth – that means the boys. And after you’ve been a boy and grow up to know how to play ball, then you come to the boys you see representing themselves today in our national pastime.”
36. “Watch my dust.”
To Wrap Up
Hopefully, you enjoyed this compilation of great quotes by MLB Legend, Babe Ruth.
Have any of his best quotes you think we missed out? We’ll add it.
Which of these quotes is your personal favorite? Let us know in the comments.
You’ll Also Enjoy:
- 50 Inspiring Serena Williams Quotes To Motivate You
- 50 Tiger Woods Quotes To Motivate & Inspire You